Saturday, October 24, 2009

A New Silver Bullet

I just bought my bike and helmet. OMG! I’m freaking out a bit, but on the flip side I can’t stop smiling. The bike is a Cannondale with flat black paint and silver handlebars, the helmet a Bell. It was funny; as I was paying for the bike I gave Melinda the sales clerk my card and instantly felt a wave of panic. It felt similar to the time I bought a fishing pole and then proceeded to use it…one time. Doubt started to flood my mind: Am I setting myself up for another failed hobby? Am I investing in an extracurricular activity that will eventually prove to be my downfall? The answer is a resounding…NO! Let’s get this straight universe…I am committed. From this moment on I am a “rider” and I will complete the 545 mile ride from SFO to LA.

I can’t wait to start my weekly training rides….on my new silver bullet.


1 comment: