Sunday, November 29, 2009

Venice Canals

A couple of weeks ago on a Saturday morning, Ryan and I went for a ride from Brentwood to Santa Monica beach down to the Venice canals and back. We had a great time and got a chance to talk a lot a long the way. We also stopped at Performance Bicycle and I found my first jersey. It was $15 on clearance and red, white and black which seemed appropriate. SOLD! :)


This was also my first "clip" trip. I wasn't having any troubles and even was feeling pretty proud of myself that I had no major mishaps....until....

We approached a stop light to make a left hand turn in Venice. Granted, it was on a slight slope, but I swear I have no idea why I lost my balance and started to topple.  I had left my left foot still in the clip....you can imagine what happened next. Yep, I fell right into Ryan and his bike which just happened to be in the path of destruction. One minute I was queen of the road, the next I was down on the asphalt with one bike under me and one bike on top of me. I felt ridiculous!!  Of course I brushed it off and we made the light. However, on the other side I noticed the seat was askew, the handle bars were off and it was making a crazy noise.  Thankfully there was no long-term damage, but from then on I was A LOT more careful I had my balance before coming to a complete stop.  Rookie mistake.  Ah well....the walkers got a good laugh. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment