Friday, March 26, 2010

On the day HIV is eradicated, WHAT WILL YOU DO?

I get weekly email newsletters from a website called The Body, which I joined to stay abreast of the latest in what is happening in the world of HIV. The other day I read a blog that made me take pause...  It was titled "On the day HIV is eradicated, what will you do?" 

Below is the full blog if you are interested:
http://www.thebody.com/content/art55884.html?ic=700100

In the blog, the writer recounted an experience where people in attendance at a Town Hall meeting at the LGBT center in San Francisco, were asked to imagine where they would be when they first heard the news that HIV can be eradicated. And then, what would you do? It is an interesting scenario that I have pondered over the past few days...

I have a feeling that I will cry uncontrollablly joyful tears of relief -- no matter where I am.

This disease was first diagnosed in the 1980's (my lifetime) and with continued research there is the real potential to find a cure (again, within my lifetime). So, I pass along the question for your consideration...where will you be and what will you do when they find a cure to HIV?

TOGETHER we can make a difference!!

No comments:

Post a Comment