Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Doubts

So it has been awhile since I've had an update.  And truth be told...I haven't been riding at all.  Between the rain and moving apartments, I just didn't have it in me to get into the saddle and ride. During this downtime I've been thinking...maybe I should just do it another year.  The thought of raising $2,810 ($190 already secure) in the next couple of months terrifies me, and I have yet to ride more than 30 miles or do a back-to-back ride.  Ugh!! :)

All these doubts circling and dancing in my head for weeks and weeks, and then.....I just made up my mind a couple days ago.... I AM DOING THIS!  I am doing this reader!! I may have to do it alone, and I may have to pay the fundraising minimum myself (let's hope not) but I am doing this.  I refuse to chalk this up to all talk and no action.

Last night I started my 10 miles per day on the bike at the gym, signed up for a 55 mile Palos Verde training ride on Saturday (yikes!) and wrote my first fundraising letter.  I also clocked the distance to and from work (4.5 miles each way) and as the weather continues to cooperate, I am going to ride to work 2-3x a week.

I have to keep reminding myself that I didn't just sign up for this for the athletic challenge (although it surely is). I did it as a committment for myself to help raise awareness and funds to fight HIV/AIDS. It is time for me to put the doubt behind and move forward.  You will be hearing a lot from me in the upcoming weeks and months asking for money and providing information about this disease.  Please help however you can.

THE AIDS CRISIS IS NOT OVER and the state of California especially needs your help as funding was cut this year.  Together I know we can make a difference. I'm counting on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment