Monday, April 5, 2010

Canyon Road

Saturday I went to a training ride with the "Bike Attack" group out of Santa Monica. The morning started out a little rocky as I was late and the group I rode with thought I was a random stranger leaching onto them. After I explained that I was with AIDS Lifecycle and not just a cycling stalker, they were much more welcoming, althought I was labelled as "unofficial" for the duration of the ride.

The trip went really well. I can't explain exactly where we went, but we saw some amazing multi-million dollar homes (one with a Statue of Liberty on the front lawn -- strange!)and ultimately climed Benedict Canyon Road.

This hill was long with lots and lots of switchbacks. Ride leader Amy was great at letting me go at my own pace while being encouraging. She kept pointing to the top of the highest mountain and saying "see? we're almost there". LOL! Right... But, eventually I made it to the top and it felt really good. Then we rode down past the Getty Center and back to familar territory. It was a good day.

The 35 mile trip was fantastic and just what I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment