Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Malibu

Saturday I woke up and went for a 30 mile bike ride up to Malibu and back with the Bike Attack group. It was called the "Day before the Day On the Ride, ride" and it was just that...a flat mellow ride along the PHC there and back.  The day was really cold and grey. While there were surfers aplenty, the ocean and the sky seemed to meld together into one massive greyness.  It was beautiful in a very muted sort of way. 

When we arrived at the rest stop before turning around, I was stopped by Lisa (one of the training ride leaders) and he told me that I was pacing at a 17. I think that is okay as average is 10-12 mph. It was really, really flat...but it was nice to hear that I was doing alright.


On the way back I snapped a few random pictures.  One is of the Getty Villa (I have still never visited that although it is on my list of things to do here in LA) and the other is the cross roads of "Pacific Ocean". Pretty funny.  And yes, random.


I also saw Michael on the ride who I think is extremely handsome and a stellar person. He always greets me with a hug and a kiss and it does wonders for my riding. :)  I look forward to seeing him daily on the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment