Thursday, May 6, 2010

Divine Design

The other night I was feeling pretty anxious about the ride, and mentioned to a couple friends "we'll see how the century ride goes this weekend...if it is bad I may have to break my leg so I don't have to go on the actual ride."  Now, I DIDN'T ACTUALLY MEAN IT (for all of you donors -- I would never let you down like that), but that is how I was feeling at the moment; really, really anxious and not really looking forward to going.

The next day upon getting to work, a lady named Caroline popped her head in and said "hey, I heard you were doing the AIDSLifecycle ride...I'm going too as a roadie."  We spend the next hour talking about it and swaping insights. Turns out she rode last year as a cyclist and this year is going to be a volunteer roadie as part of the Water Stop crew. That just happens to be where I was last year so I had some tips for her as well. It is like our ALC lives swapped. Crazy!

After that discussion I was so infused with excitement. I CAN'T WAIT TO GO NOW!! It may sound strange to some, but I really think there is some divine design in that conversation. It came at the right moment, from the right person, and had just the right effect on me. Bring on the ride!!

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! I'm glad that you'll know someone else while you are riding. I imagine it can get quite lonely after a week. We love you and are proud of you!

    ReplyDelete